Tewameter® Triple TM 330T
New - Three heads in one probe of the worldwide most used device for transepidermal waterloss
With this innovative new probe of the Tewameter® a variety of additional options are available for the users.
Special Accessories for the Tewameter® Triple TM 330T Probe Heads
The Measurement Principle
The open chamber measurement of the Tewameter®
is the only method to assess the TEWL continuously, which is necessary for most applications without influencing the skin surface. Numerous studies are available
Advantages of the Tewameter® Triple TM 330T
Why using 3 Tewameter® heads at the same time?
Apart from the many advantages of the Tewameter®
in general, the Tewameter®
Triple TM 330T offers additional benefits
- Extremely accurate and quick measurement of the TEWL without changing skin structure and the microclimate of the skin (pressure, occlusion, temperature). The small measurement chambers minimize the air turbulences inside the probe.
- The three probe heads can be placed independently and completely flexible on the skin surface, e.g. close together or further apart. The setting is very easy.
- With three probe heads a larger skin area can be measured reproducibly and very fast.
- During the measurement the software shows the TEWL-value, the average and the standard deviation of each head. The overall average is also automatically calculated.
- A measurement on three different skin sites (e.g. three different products) can be performed simultaneously under the very same environmental conditions in a very short time.
- New sensor technology for precise and very stable measurements.
- A suitcase to transport the probe serves at the same time as check calibration facility.
Fields of Application:
The measurement of the Tewameter® is the basic measurement for all cosmetic applications. The three head probe is also especially suitable for sweat studies and an ideal tool for multicentric investigations.
Special Accessories Tewameter® Triple TM 330T Probe Heads
There are specials adapters available for the heads.
- One adapter with smaller opening is available for different applications e.g. measurement on small animals or small skin sites (reduced the measurement area to 2 mm Ø).
- Special steel rings are available when measuring on special surfaces. They can be mounted on the measuring head and after the measurement taken off the probe and be disinfected.
- With an additional adapter the probe heads can be mounted to Franz cell chambers for in vitro measurements. For this application also read about the special probe, Invitro Tewameter® VT 310.
Closed Chamber Measurements with the Tewameter®
The Tewameter® is the worldwide only device which measures with open chamber as well with closed chamber by a special semipermeable adapter cap. The closed chamber is useful for measurements under suboptimal environmental conditions like in field tests or in some occupational surroundings to minimize air turbulences inside the probe.
The Tewameter® Triple TM 330T can be connected to the MPA-systems.
Do not switch in one study between the standard Tewameter® TM and the Tewameter® Triple TM 330T
Please also read Frequent Asked Questions on the Tewameter®.
For the probe only:
3 measuring chambers: each 2 cm, Ø 1 cm, length of the probe: approx. 24 cm, width, when all chambers are located close together: approx. 6.4 cm, cable length:
1.3 m, weight:
approx. 120 g, Resolution:
relative humidity ± 0.01 % RH, Temp.: ± 0.01 °C, TEWL: 0.1 g/h/m², Measuring area: TEWL 0-320 g/h/m²Accuracy:Rel. Humidity (RH)
: ± 1.8 %, Temperature
: ± 0.2 °CTEWL
between 10 % and 80 % RH: ± 0.25 g/h/m² for TEWL values up to 5 g/h/m² and 5 % for values over 5 g/h/m²
0 -10 % and > 80 % RH: ± 1 g/h/m² for TEWL values up to 5 g/h/m² and 10 % for values under 5 g/h/m²
Technical changes may be made without prior notice.