pH-Measurement on Skin and Scalp
The Skin-pH-Meter PH 905 is a quick, easy and economical tool to specifically measure the pH on the skin surface or the scalp.
The Measuring Principle
The measurement is based on a high quality combined electrode, where both glass H+ ion sensitive electrode and additional reference electrode are placed in one housing. It is connected to a probe handle containing the measurement electronics.
Advantages of the Skin-pH-Meter
- The modern, high quality electronics of the probe allow a very quick (1 s) and reliable measurement avoiding occlusion effects.
- The probe head is planar for measuring optimally on the skin surface.
- Single and continuous measurement possible.
- pH is expressed with one decimal.
- Regular calibration can be done by the user.
- Worldwide established instrument with a broad range of studies.
Fields of Application:
There are many fields of application where changes in skin pH are of interest.
- In pharmaceutical, cosmetic and household application fields for the development of specific products (skin care, hair care, detergents, pharmaceuticals, etc.)
- In dermatological basic research
- In occupational health to show the importance of the application of skin protection products in certain work areas.
The Skin-pH-meter 905is available as a stand-alone device, connectable to the MPA systems, as a wireless probe or in the Derma Unit SSC 3.
Please also read Frequent Asked Questions on the Skin-pH-Meter.
Dimensions: 22.8 cm, Cable length: approx. 1.3 m, Measuring surface: Ø 1 cm (flat head), Weight: 130 g
Measurement range: pH 0 to pH 11, Accuracy: ± pH 0.1
For the dimensions, etc. of the wireless probes, please see the technical data of the basic devices.
Technical changes may be made without prior notice.